❕ Confirmed Participants only
If you have 1) signed up in the Pre-Registration Phase, 2) received confirmation from the TIN team, 3) succesfully registered on this platform and are logged in, please click below:
Build Solutions, Reduce Plastic Pollution
Got an idea to improve waste management and recycling in South/Southeast Asia? Be part of our upcoming Circular Innovation Jam! Rather than “jamming” with music, we are inviting participants to jam with us with their ideas and unique insights to solve ocean plastic pollution.
The Circular Innovation Jam seeks to develop innovative and inclusive solutions to advance local circular economies for plastics and effective waste management systems across South and Southeast Asia to reduce ocean plastic pollution.
Application is closed on July 5.
Winners will receive $5000 USD worth of support (financial and/or technical) from The Incubation Network to further advance the solutions to their highest potential.
25 COUNTRY FINALISTS
Top 5 Solutions per country
5 Finalists from each country will enter into an online support program, lead by The Incubation Network, for 4-6 weeks of idea refinement
3 REGIONAL WINNERS
Final 3 Winners across SSEA
Winner will receive up to $5000 USD worth of support (financial and/or technical) to launch their solution pilot
HOW DOES IT WORK
The Circular Innovation Jam is a virtual design sprint that will bring creative minds together to collaborate and solve local waste management & circularity challenges.
Using tools drawn from human centered design, participants will focus on developing inclusive and gender-sensitive solution prototypes for our regional challenge statements.
Together with Impact Hub Jakarta, OPPA, Impact Hub Manila, WISE, Climate Collective, AtWorks, Circular Design Lab, InOff Plastic and Schoolab, we are proud to announce the inaugural Circular Innovation Jam 2020 - ONLINE!
- How might we improve the livelihoods, health & sanitation of the informal sector working in waste management & recycling?
- How might we redesign F&B delivery to reduce single-use plastics?
- How might we increase the adoption of reusable/environmentally-friendly packaging or mechanisms in households, communities and businesses?
- How might we improve the efficiency of existing waste collection, management & recycling systems in South & Southeast Asia?
- How might we effectively prevent and reduce plastic waste in rivers and other waterways?
- How might we support the informal sector through the impacts of COVID-19 towards a more sustainable economy?
Reuse Models / Packaging
Development or adoption of innovative reusable and environmentally-friendly packaging or mechanisms in households
Efficiency or effectiveness of existing waste collection, management & recycling systems, including the informal sector
Prevention or reduction of plastic waste in rivers and waterways
WHO CAN JOIN
The challenge invites individuals and teams over the age of 18 regardless of gender, race, background or level of experiences to apply! All that is required is an interest in developing solutions to ocean plastic pollution, and a commitment to participate fully throughout the Circular Innovation Jam.